• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Money Money
    Giant are good if your outside IR35

Prosperity4 seem to be very good these days if your inside IR35, - (one point of contact, your own business manager)
    Giant are not "good" and what I think about P4 is unprintable for legal reasons. I wonder, do they still operate a minimum fee policy of £1500? And if your contract gets cut short they deduct it from the money due to you? And do they still withold some of your earnings, in the guise of "holiday pay".
    You (may) get it back eventually, but without the interest, obviously. And do they tell contractors to submit unreceipted expense claims, forgetting to mention that if they don't have receipts they will be liable for the tax when Hector comes a-calling?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

holiday pay

i thought there was a ruling recently that said holiday pay HAD to be deducted. wow, this is a confusing business!!

Comment

Only if you think like a permanent employee...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X