• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investing in a Band...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investing in a Band...

Well, my son's band and my Ltd....

My lad, who has been a pain in the arse all his childhood, not really bad like a chav but I well remember a £700 phone bill down to him...

Anyway, he's 17, got a girl and turned the tables right round now and it's a really good guitarist, at Music College, formed a band, got signed (no money yet tho and not sure what they are actually doing) and now a certain lead singer from a certain Madchester band has shown an interest in producing them and I can see this being worth a punt; and ditch people that signed them, contracts permitting.

At this stage, just some decent gear and a funding for a CD pressing, grand or two - is it realistic in terms of putting through my now Media-Centric IT Contracting Ltd? And I get a Gretsch Black Falcon out of it? Don't like the White ones...

If her were ltd too, I suppose you could buy shares....

Comment

Working...
    X