• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long till Bank Account opens?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till Bank Account opens?

I have opened a business bank account with Barclays 2 weeks ago; I'm still waiting for the account to open and my bank manager never calls back when i leave a message..

How long did it take you to open a bank account?

Originally posted by Bleachie View Post
    I have opened a business bank account with Barclays 2 weeks ago; I'm still waiting for the account to open and my bank manager never calls back when i leave a message..

It depends who you go with? I've heard people set one up with HSBC on the same day. We use Cater Allen and they are taking 6 - 10 working days if there is no issues with the application.

Comment

Barclays took 8 working days to get mine sorted. Did you ask for a date for when it would be set up?

Call the business account services rather than the account manager directly.

Comment

Within 24 hours with Natwest. If he wont call you back at this stage, what will he be like once he has your money?

Cut your losses and go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
          Barclays took 8 working days to get mine sorted. Did you ask for a date for when it would be set up?

Call the business account services rather than the account manager directly.
          By this I mean the time from walking into the bank and all of the related paraphenalia () dropping through the door. I rang up and obtained the account number pretty quickly (3-4 days)

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
            By this I mean the time from walking into the bank and all of the related paraphenalia () dropping through the door. I rang up and obtained the account number pretty quickly (3-4 days)
            Barclays were terrible with me and I also had the same problem where the manager wouldnt call back. After 3 weeks I had still not received anything even though they had put my account into a negative amount after taking out the first months charges. I ended up closing the account after many arguments with them and got the charges refunded. They then asked if I would be kind enough to take all the documentation and card reader back to the branch to drop it off. I told them if they wanted it that badly they could come to my house and collect it. I will never use them or advise anyone to use them ever again.

Comment

I have opened a business bank account with Barclays
              That was your first mistake.
              Cancel it and go with Cater Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
                Barclays were terrible with me and I also had the same problem where the manager wouldnt call back. After 3 weeks I had still not received anything even though they had put my account into a negative amount after taking out the first months charges. I ended up closing the account after many arguments with them and got the charges refunded. They then asked if I would be kind enough to take all the documentation and card reader back to the branch to drop it off. I told them if they wanted it that badly they could come to my house and collect it. I will never use them or advise anyone to use them ever again.
                Yeh I have to confess that I had to chase the account numbers myself and the Account Manager (who I've not spoke to since) was lacking communication.

I went for the "I've already got an account with Barclays so must be easier" approach I guess. Not had any problems yet...

Comment

Well the bank manager did call me back, said that my account should be open by Monday and I should get my "Welcome Pack" by Wednesday. We shall see.

Comment

Why did you go to Barclays?
                    Barclays charges for everything and very suspicious in terms of money laundering

Before I opened an account I made an investigation.
                    HSBC with Business Direct is the best option for contracting.
                    It is absolutely free when you do all the things via Internet Banking.
                    They opened the account very quickly

Comment

Working...
                    X