• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qdos Freelancer Professional Indemnity Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
    Good afternoon

since I'm the only employee of my Ltd company, do I need to get EL? I guess I don't, but a (nice) confirmation from one of you would be good

Cheers
    C
    you don't, unless you need to hire a subbie though your own company. But since it costs peanuts and is usually bundled in ...

BTW you're almost certainly not an employee anyway. Directors are offfices, not employees.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      you don't, unless you need to hire a subbie though your own company. But since it costs peanuts and is usually bundled in ...

BTW you're almost certainly not an employee anyway. Directors are offfices, not employees.
      an extra £50 with qdos...so I guess I'll just need PI and PL. won't be hiring anyone so that's alright :-)

thanks!

Comment

oh, and what's that about Directors being offices not employees?

Cheers
        C

Comment

Cheers
          C
          A director is an officer of the company. They may also be employees, but are not necessarily an employee as well as an officer.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers
            C
            Sigh....

Someone's not been reading the guides.

WHS. If you'e an employee of YourCo, you have to pay attention to things like NMW, opting out of the WTD and having EL insurance. Thankfully, as a director, none of the above which is why we usually stick at being directors. You don't even have to pay yourself. But this is something you really ought to know; being a director does have legal responsibilities.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sigh....

Someone's not been reading the guides.

WHS. If you'e an employee of YourCo, you have to pay attention to things like NMW, opting out of the WTD and having EL insurance. Thankfully, as a director, none of the above which is why we usually stick at being directors. You don't even have to pay yourself. But this is something you really ought to know; being a director does have legal responsibilities.
              Thanks for your help

I will re-read the guides

Cheers
              C

Comment

Good afternoon

since I'm the only employee of my Ltd company, do I need to get EL? I guess I don't, but a (nice) confirmation from one of you would be good

Cheers
                C
                I think that provided you own at least 50% of the shares and you do not have any employees, then Employers liability insurance is not required, however most package it up with the other insurance, Qdos do, who I use.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                X