• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asked To Opt Out 5 Months Into Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asked To Opt Out 5 Months Into Contract

Just as it says on the tin, had an email from my agency yesterday asking me to fill in the opt out form 5 months into contract.

Having looked into previous posts on option in/out generally, I have kindly declined saying this should have been offered before meeting the client initially strictly speaking and I would prefer to stay opted in. Also I am covering a role until they fill a permanent position, which they have offered to me (and I have declined) and so is my interest to stay opted in in case I change my mind.

Am waiting to see how they come back on this.

Tell them simply to foxtrot oscar as you have been introduced and supplied.

I've had one of those before which I thought was most amusing.
    The muppet who sent it just though that there was a piece of paperwork missing and didn't understand what it was for.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Methinks the agency has confused REC regulations with AWR.... poor souls..

Tell them to take a hike.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        JI am covering a role until they fill a permanent position, which they have offered to me (and I have declined) and so is my interest to stay opted in in case I change my mind.
        Not to mention your client's interest because it limits the temp to perm fee that the agency can charge your client if you should go to the dark side. Not that the agency will admit to knowing that....
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Is there a opt out that you have left blank? Had the same with my agency, but they were happy for me to stay opted in but wanted me to declare that on the opt out and sign the amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X