• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses abroad

Hi all,

I´m looking into buying a MacBook Air for my work but I needed it with the spanish keyboard and in the UK apple store they would deliver it in 3 weeks. So I decided to buy it in Spain, since I´m going there this weekend.

Would I be able to claim that expense in my Limited Co? What about the VAT? (the invoice of the mac would be obviously chrged with spanish VAT that is a different % to the one in UK).

Thanks!

Originally posted by andresdrb View Post
    Hi all,

I´m looking into buying a MacBook Air for my work but I needed it with the spanish keyboard and in the UK apple store they would deliver it in 3 weeks. So I decided to buy it in Spain, since I´m going there this weekend.

Would I be able to claim that expense in my Limited Co? What about the VAT? (the invoice of the mac would be obviously chrged with spanish VAT that is a different % to the one in UK).

Thanks!
    You're absolutely fine to claim the cost of the keyboard you buy out in Spain through the company. The VAT can't be claimed in the UK but you maybe able to claim this back in Spain if you registered there.

Comment

Guidance for reclaiming VAT here

Comment

Working...
      X