• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly does one of these online accountancies require you to have to do (on a monthly/weekly basis)? I am wondering about swapping from my accountant who is much more expensive, but I like the fact that I do nothing during the year, and just send all invoices/expenses/bankstatements to her all in one go for accounts/selfassessment.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
      What exactly does one of these online accountancies require you to have to do (on a monthly/weekly basis)? I am wondering about swapping from my accountant who is much more expensive, but I like the fact that I do nothing during the year, and just send all invoices/expenses/bankstatements to her all in one go for accounts/selfassessment.
      Put all your stuff in Freeagent.

They aren't online accountants. They just offer you an online tool to help.

Beats sending all that stuff to anyone hands down.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 2 October 2018, 19:57.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Put all your stuff in Freeagent.

They aren't online accountants. They just offer you an online tool to help.

Beats sending all that stuff to anyone hands down.
        Just spent a while watching Freeagent vids. Seems good, but doesnt have capability to log expenses by email forwarding. I permanently travel for work, so have a lot of expenses, and most come in the form of an email (pdf attachment or plain). I currently just forward the receipt to Expensify and it gets logged. But no such ability in Freeagent, and FA doesnt seem to have any integration with Expensify nor an alternative with such a feature. It looks like QuickBooks does, but peeps on here seem to prefer FA to QB.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
          Just spent a while watching Freeagent vids. Seems good, but doesnt have capability to log expenses by email forwarding. I permanently travel for work, so have a lot of expenses, and most come in the form of an email (pdf attachment or plain). I currently just forward the receipt to Expensify and it gets logged. But no such ability in Freeagent, and FA doesnt seem to have any integration with Expensify nor an alternative with such a feature. It looks like QuickBooks does, but peeps on here seem to prefer FA to QB.
          FA. All the accountants in this recommendation thread offer it as standard.

Could you start a new thread if you want to discuss Freeagent and it's pros and cons please.

Comment

Hey NLUK,

Just got my first contracting gig and am quite lost with a lot so still reading a lot of the stickies and guides. I've just registered for my LTD company but it looks like an accountant is a must so if I potentially go with Gorilla Accounting who seem well recommended in this thread would you like to split the referral? I don't have PM access as I'm a new member thanks.

Comment

Hi all,

I too have just secured my first contract and I’ve been trawelling through the threads.

I’m planning to use Gorilla so if any one would like to split the referral fee with me that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dravvy View Post
                Hi all,

I too have just secured my first contract and I’ve been trawelling through the threads.

I’m planning to use Gorilla so if any one would like to split the referral fee with me that would be great. Thanks
                I'll take it. Mention Nluk or northernlad and they'll know. Sounds a bit daft saying it but it will be fine. If you tell them your forum name I'll drop them a line to confirm a split is OK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillionski View Post
                  Hey NLUK,

Just got my first contracting gig and am quite lost with a lot so still reading a lot of the stickies and guides. I've just registered for my LTD company but it looks like an accountant is a must so if I potentially go with Gorilla Accounting who seem well recommended in this thread would you like to split the referral? I don't have PM access as I'm a new member thanks.
                  Yep. Just mention my username as explained in the previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Yep. Just mention my username as explained in the previous post.
                    Hi northernladuk, just signing up with Gorilla now.
                    Adding your name and my username in for referral. Would be great to split.

Comment

Originally posted by JackD1990 View Post
                      Hi northernladuk, just signing up with Gorilla now.
                      Adding your name and my username in for referral. Would be great to split.
                      Perfect. I've confirmed with them I'm happy to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X