• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigLadFromBeeston666
    replied
    Any alternatives to Gorilla? Tempted to grab a Mettle bank account and do DIY accounts again :-)

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Alchemy Accountancy View Post

I understand that Gorilla has recently sold out to another group...that may or may not have something to do with the price changes

The FreeAgent data belongs to you, it is just that they pay for your subscription - as someone else has said, you just need to assign that same licence to another practice and continue with it.
    ^^ Good point RE the Freeagent subscription: it can be free is you have an RBS/Natwest business account. Also "Mettel" I think.

You. know, in case you now have to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• Alchemy Accountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by Woodentop View Post

Yep, they sent out an email that went into junk telling me that my bill was going up 14% with only 10 days notice. Service has really gone down hill and my new accountant makes so many mistakes i might as well do the lot myself.

I will look to move away but does anyone know how easy it is to move the data in Freeagent to another accountancy firm?
    I understand that Gorilla has recently sold out to another group...that may or may not have something to do with the price changes

The FreeAgent data belongs to you, it is just that they pay for your subscription - as someone else has said, you just need to assign that same licence to another practice and continue with it.

Leave a comment:

• brightondeveloper
    replied
    So what is the current situation on good accountancy services to use?

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Woodentop View Post
    I will look to move away but does anyone know how easy it is to move the data in Freeagent to another accountancy firm?
    I doubt that you'd need to. Simply reassign your authroisation in the app.

Leave a comment:

• Woodentop
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Gorilla's prices have gone up. Also new accountants being assigned to accounts.

Hmmph.
    Yep, they sent out an email that went into junk telling me that my bill was going up 14% with only 10 days notice. Service has really gone down hill and my new accountant makes so many mistakes i might as well do the lot myself.

Leave a comment:

• 7specialgems
    replied
    Paying 110 quid a month + VAT to my local high street vendor in the south of Hampshire for VAT returns and an EOY return.

Same price as Gorilla, however unlike Gorilla, no free FreeAgent/Xero software provided, and no free personal tax return. Hmmph.
    Last edited by 7specialgems; 18 July 2023, 00:02.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post

Hmmph.
    Their service is really bad at the moment. Already waiting 6 months for my company tax return. I will be leaving them as soon as possible

Leave a comment:

• BigLadFromBeeston666
    replied

Hmmph.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    ( Oh, and that is especially true with HMRC now focused squarely on ITEPA Ch. 9/MSCs. The more "proactive hand holding" your accountant does for you, the more risk you're taking. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X