• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice, definitely move from your friends in Warrington, then look for a Free Agent compatible accountant.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix22 View Post
      I suppose the current overwhelming desire to visit Warrington with a baseball bat clouded this requirement for me!

Comment

Recommended Accountants

Hi all I am new to contracting and just having a look at this thread, I have already arranged an accountant but not sure whether they have the recommended software, just wondered what is the average you would expect to pay for this?

Thanks.

Comment

Ranges from £60 to £200 PCM. £100 seems to be the norm.

Comment

Anyone signed up with 1st Online ?

Freeagent outfit, keen prices, any feedback ?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipSmartGrope
              We use Xero and this is a fantastic software.
              I would agree with Xero being fantastic, however in my opinion would be overkill for the majority of contractors.

Comment

I would say that there is no such recommended software. there are many accounting softwares. We use Xero and this is a fantastic software. You have to make sure that the software meets your personal requirements.
                You don't intend to support FreeAgent then?

Comment

As a firm we are 100% committed to Xero and this works well as our workflow is geared to support our clients.
                  So the software is geared toward what suits you rather than the client? Not a great business model IMO.

Comment

As a firm we are 100% committed to Xero and this works well as our workflow is geared to support our clients.
                    I'll take that as a "no" then. Shame, it's getting very popular around these parts.

Comment

HI, I am just about to move from umbrella to limited company and am looking for a managed accountancy provider. I've been looking at Giant, Nixon Williams and SJD - are there any recommendations please? I have been with Giant as umbrella but not sure about how good their limited company service is. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X