• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend to Wife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    True. Not sure if the paying of £1 per share counts as investment, does it?

But then again its perfectly legal to 'gift' the shares to your spouse, isnt it? I could be wrong but isnt this where the Arctic comes into play? (although my understanding is they need to be 'normal' shares)
    You are right, £1 is not much an investment hence even more reason to be careful. Artic was a long painful drawn out case. Whatever the outcome there I certainly do not want to follow their example and even end up in their position win or not.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have set it at 85% me 15% Wife. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You are right, £1 is not much an investment hence even more reason to be careful. Artic was a long painful drawn out case. Whatever the outcome there I certainly do not want to follow their example and even end up in their position win or not.
        Indeed. There is an argument that not getting spotted by the HMRC in the first place is a good thing. After all, no-one wants to drag out for years in the courts with all the stress that entails....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I have 2 shares, Mrs OG has 1. I receive a wage and 1/3 of profits for going out to work. We receive 1/3 of the profits each for the risk that we take as a family. My words, not my accountant's but he seems fine with it.

I understand joint account is fine but I prefer to use our separate pesonal accounts - that's just me.

Comment

Working...
          X