• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A trading as question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trading as question.

Hi everyone,

My Ltd company name is not in the Title or second tag for my Website, does that count as 'trading as'? I have the Ltd company name at the bottom of each page in the footer and have a page called company info with full company info and registering office, insurance etc.

For Example - My Ltd Company name could be - W.C Plugg Plumbers Ltd but my web title and secondary tags might be - Title: Bathroom Fitter/fitting Derbyshire - Chesterfield. Secondary tag: Mobile number & prices from £

I have tried to research this and as far as answering the question It seems to be that if someone else wanted too they could register a company in the name I'm using as my title (no company is registered in the title name last time I checked) then start a solicitors proceedings against my website.

My company letterhead is the website title then my Ltd name underneath, if I did that with the website would it cover any complications ? or is it classed as trading as ? What are the legal requirements for trading as in this context please?

Any help appreciated, thanks

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Hi everyone,

My Ltd company name is not in the Title or second tag for my Website, does that count as 'trading as'? I have the Ltd company name at the bottom of each page in the footer and have a page called company info with full company info and registering office, insurance etc.

For Example - My Ltd Company name could be - W.C Plugg Plumbers Ltd but my web title and secondary tags might be - Title: Bathroom Fitter/fitting Derbyshire - Chesterfield. Secondary tag: Mobile number & prices from £

I have tried to research this and as far as answering the question It seems to be that if someone else wanted too they could register a company in the name I'm using as my title (no company is registered in the title name last time I checked) then start a solicitors proceedings against my website.

My company letterhead is the website title then my Ltd name underneath, if I did that with the website would it cover any complications ? or is it classed as trading as ? What are the legal requirements for trading as in this context please?

Any help appreciated, thanks
    I used the Search button on the forum to find this

National Business Register - Business Names

Comment

Originally posted by contractoralan View Post
      I used the Search button on the forum to find this

National Business Register - Business Names
      Thank you for taking the time to post a link - unfortunately I can't find the answer I'm looking for in your link - I too have been using the seach button

Comment

Did you get an answer to this? The domain name I wanted has now come avilable but this doesnt match my registered company name, so wanted to just use "MyCo trading as MyOtherCo"

Is that legal? I dont really want to go down the route of renaming my Ltd Co or closing and re-opening another one, jsut for a name change

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
          Did you get an answer to this? The domain name I wanted has now come avilable but this doesnt match my registered company name, so wanted to just use "MyCo trading as MyOtherCo"

Is that legal? I dont really want to go down the route of renaming my Ltd Co or closing and re-opening another one, jsut for a name change
          Yes, it's legal. All you need is something that says, e.g. "XYZ.com is a trading name of ABC Ltd."

I have the same thing - my website is nothing close to the name of the business name. Same with my wife's website.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X