• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toocan View Post
    Tell me, did he look anything like this?
    That truly made me laugh. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Toocan View Post
      I don't want to give this story legs, but we'd best get to the bottom of it. Tell me, did he look anything like this?

That is not Brannigan. Brannigan looks like a nonce. And if the cap fits.....

Comment

Meeting Set up with MP

Cam some one PM me the timeline and any good points I need to get across.

Comment

List of salient points

Originally posted by tendo71 View Post
          Cam some one PM me the timeline and any good points I need to get across.
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1519773
          Last edited by cojak; 16 April 2012, 08:33. Reason: Amended to show correct post.
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pasty View Post
            Last month, one evening at 6.30pm I had a visit to my home from a chap dressed in Black Motorbike Leathers and a black beard. he told me he had come to collect back tax from y/e 2008. When I said my MP was dealing with it he couldn't get away quick enough. He gave me his card which had on it HMRC, his name, his mobile number. No address or office where he came from! Was I visited by the HMRC heavy mob? Are HMRC allowed to operate in this way? If I hadn't been there could he have forced his way into my home? Is this Great Britain or Russia we are living in?
            I did PM Hot Pasty Saturday - but no reply. They did login at 06:46 today.

Looks like it was a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I did PM Hot Pasty Saturday - but no reply. They did login at 06:46 today.

Looks like it was a troll.
              Perhaps we could seek to identify them by reporting a possible breach of the Computer Misuse Act?
              Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
                Perhaps we could seek to identify them by reporting a possible breach of the Computer Misuse Act?
                If you want to do that go via admin - they will at least have an email address. Personally I dont care if they are a troll.

Of course it is possible that HP saw all the attention their post generated and is now cowering? But my gut feel is its a troll. Mrs BP just wants to know so that if people come knocking then she can lock me somewhere that I cannot do any damage. While I keep taking the tablets things are not too bad on one of my better days.

Comment

Todays Daily Mail

In the comment column today, the Editor writes
                  "...All tax changes - however well intentioned - have real consequences for real people, and it's crucial those consequences are identified and forensically analysed long before the changes are made"

On a similar vein The Melanie Phillips column says
                  "There is, in any event, a good reason for the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance. Criminalising the former is necessary to avoid dishonesty. Permitting the latter is necessary to protect people from being oppressed by an intrusive society. It's not a matter of having nothing to hide if you are doing nothing wrong. It is that privacy within the law is essential for a free society"

Comment

Listen Very carefully I will say this only Once

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If you want to do that go via admin - they will at least have an email address. Personally I dont care if they are a troll.

Of course it is possible that HP saw all the attention their post generated and is now cowering? But my gut feel is its a troll. Mrs BP just wants to know so that if people come knocking then she can lock me somewhere that I cannot do any damage. While I keep taking the tablets things are not too bad on one of my better days.
                    Firstly, I am not a Troll.
                    Secondly, I was visited by someone who indicated he was from HMRC.
                    Thirdly, he did a runner when I meantioned my MP.
                    Fourthly, I thought people on this forum might be gererally interested.
                    Fifthly, I thought it was professional people on this forum, until you appeared.
                    Sixth. I think I'll search for the genuine 2,990 fellow contractors who I was hoping to be able to communicate with.
                    Seventh. Goodbye and happy scouring, Numpty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pasty View Post
                      Firstly, I am not a Troll.
                      Secondly, I was visited by someone who indicated he was from HMRC.
                      Thirdly, he did a runner when I meantioned my MP.
                      Fourthly, I thought people on this forum might be gererally interested.
                      Fifthly, I thought it was professional people on this forum, until you appeared.
                      Sixth. I think I'll search for the genuine 2,990 fellow contractors who I was hoping to be able to communicate with.
                      Seventh. Goodbye and happy scouring, Numpty.
                      chill out man, to be fair your story does seem a bit weird, but maybe HMRC are hiring the Village people to do there debt collection nowadays, wouldnt put anything past them. In fact I had a guy dressed as an Indian brave at my door yesterday asking for money with menaces..

Comment

Working...
                      X