• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
    If we are all in this together we should all turn up the same..... dress to be chosen by vote !!!
    It has to be donkeys! I'll only do the front end though.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
      I would have to be front end also as I refuse to bend over for these b'strds
      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by OldITGit View Post
        Is it HMRC or MP / Steed / KPMG or PWC.Iread earlier that MP put forward cases for the tax tribunal (that never was) .
        OIG
        There's also deGraaf and probably other promoters we don't know about.

I'm not quite sure how this works but I imagine test cases would be agreed between the promoters and HMRC.

Btw, HMRC has already made contact with some promoters.

Comment

Regarding the earlier PDF snippets.

If anyone wants to read the entire documents email me at

donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com

Comment

Dress Code

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
            Well if we are going as chickens, HMRC could go as cocks.
            Join the campaign at
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by olditgit View Post
              why don't you set yourself up another username and disclose the details of the suomoto settlement .............as a friend
              oig
              i would sit and negotiate with hmrc and use this information to your advantage but i would never disclose the detail to a third party because this could allow hmrc to cancel/re-visit the deal.

And contractors involved in both suo motu & other schemes should think twice before talking about suo.

Comment

Originally posted by ir35amnesia View Post
                And contractors involved in both suo motu & other schemes should think twice before talking about suo.
                Why all the cloak and dagger? I thought Suo Motu and Montpelier schemes were identical?

Comment

i would sit and negotiate with hmrc and use this information to your advantage but i would never disclose the detail to a third party because this could allow hmrc to cancel/re-visit the deal.

Well, stating a fact, whatever the deal was, and we've probably worked it out, your clients have ended up in a better position than we have - assuming no last minute reprieve.

In your dealings with HMRC did you ever find out why this scheme in particular has been targeted for such an extreme action? It's always puzzled me why go after this scheme in this way?

Comment

That is complete rubbish - it was a contracted settlement - neither side can reopen it unless there is fraud involved. Was there fraud involved?
                    There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post

hmrc2.jpg download - 2shared

'or must have intended' what the f*** does that mean?!

It's obvious that it's NOT what they intended. Look at the Hansard entry.
                      HMRC knew that the court could not look at Hansard without special permission. HMRC are putting words into Parliaments mouth.

This is why we must write to our MPs - s.858 did not apply prior to the change made by s.58. HMRC really are playing with time when they claim that it did apply as it only applies AFTER the s.58 retrospection.

HMRC have played Parliament for fools - and they don't even know it!

Right now, HMRC feel they have got away with it. Without a massive effort by all involved, that will turn out to be true.
                      There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Working...
                      X