• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ir35amnesia View Post
    I agree that there maybe - albeit small - an opportunity to agree a deal that is win/win for everyone. I dont know the deal you have with Montp re the success fee so i dont know how willing they would be to step in. AND I am not convinced that HMRC/treasury etc would welcome any of the scheme providers to a negotiating table.
    PLUS there is something else.
    It may NOT be the holy grail BUT it may be enough (when added to things listed by "Stuffed") to get a seat at the negotiating table.
    Hi Mr Jones

Recovered from your nervous breakdown yet?

Even if montp dropped us I reckon I could do a better job on my own than with you.

Comment

Time for some therapy

Been kicking the cat and shouting at the family for the last few weeks so thought it was time I found help

Have written to my MP (Lorraine Fullbrook) the PM, Deputy PM, Chancellor & Treasury Committee

For the record I have the full set - 7 years liability and no means to pay

Starting to feel better already......

The Kipper

Comment

Originally posted by ir35amnesia View Post
        I agree that there maybe - albeit small - an opportunity to agree a deal that is win/win for everyone. I dont know the deal you have with Montp re the success fee so i dont know how willing they would be to step in. AND I am not convinced that HMRC/treasury etc would welcome any of the scheme providers to a negotiating table.
        PLUS there is something else.
        It may NOT be the holy grail BUT it may be enough (when added to things listed by "Stuffed") to get a seat at the negotiating table.
        SEE BN66.CO.UK
        Not for me, I've no intention in getting involved in another scheme. The website hasn't been updated in quite a while, so in the interests of anyone tempted in this direction, it mentions that anyone who took it up could have walked away with no tax liability in months rather than waiting the years we have. So, for the record Alan, how many people have managed to do that? I think it's only fair that if you are going to promote hat offering when people are going to be vulnerable and desperate that you should provide some evidence of your success, or is it just another road back into hell?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Hi Mr Jones

Recovered from your nervous breakdown yet?

Even if montp dropped us I reckon I could do a better job on my own than with you.
          is that necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
            is that necessary?
            I made 3 statements - which do you object to or all 3?

Comment

Just trying to work out if p4nd4b34r is IR35amnesia's sock puppet.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

There have been a number of firms touting "help" to people affected by BN66.

However I'm not aware of anyone who has been successful.

One person I heard from ended up shelling out £2000 to a firm who claimed they could negotiate a deal but it went nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  wow chip.. meet shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    You are right.

I have reported the post to admin(the one about my post count that is) - hopefully it will result in a 3 day ban for interrupting the flow of the thread.

BTW I think it is important that people know that Jones had a nervous breakdown before they hand over money to him.

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r
                      I feel like I just walked into a playground... So my comment on your posts is worthy of a ban but your making light of someones nervous breakdown.. thats ok? then ban me.. dont want to be here..
                      I think the last think people want to do, pandabear, is step out of one failed scheme straight onto another one.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X