• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something has to give

Great point Slobbo. I have been wondering about this too. If we want to get the attention of MP's and the public then I think we need to really focus on this. If we have to pay retrospectively, why don't the MP's? Maybe it's worth asking them on air or something or putting that in the campaign. Surely this is a reason MP's SHOULD be backing us. The whole expenses saga has died out and is probably worth resurrecting to highlight the "fairness".[/QUOTE]

agree all this.. but the point is by their very nature most MPs are pretty think skinned and duck like ... there needs to be something to make them listen and take a bit of responsibility .. what about the MP who quoted the being fined for speeding in the past.. Frank someone i think?? ie directly target him.. over and over again??

Comment

It won't work!

Originally posted by bve534 View Post
      I raised the poll question at the top of the page on a PR campaign some time ago. I am disappointed so many dont support it...
      You're looking through the wrong end of the telescope.

The NEWS has to find YOU, and not the other way around.

Now... if you could only figure out a way of making that happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
        You're looking through the wrong end of the telescope.

The NEWS has to find YOU, and not the other way around.

Now... if you could only figure out a way of making that happen...
        It will when people start losing their homes etc but by then it will be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
          It will when people start losing their homes etc but by then it will be too late.
          The only way I could imagine it working is like this :

Day 1: Forget Barclays: Think Ordinary Bloke!
          It has emerged today that Mr. Ordinary Bloke (who lives in a terraced house in OrdinaryTown) is about to be made bankrupt in the latest retrospective scandal etc.

Day 2: More Ordinary Blokes hit by Retrospective Tax!
          Yesterday we brought you news about Mr. Ordinary Bloke, but today etc...

Day 3: OrdinaryBlokeGate - Number of victims tops 3000!
          A staggering 3000 Ordinary Blokes are about to be made bankrupt by...

Day 4: Newsnight :
          Jeremy Paxman "Well! You thought Barclays had it bad? Well think again! Here's Robert Peston with a report."
          Robert Peston.. "Nnnnnnowww, you're probably thingggg kingggg..,. etc."

Comment

PR Campaign

[QUOTE=Disgusted of Coventry;1493907]The only way I could imagine it working is like this :

I never said it would work but a low blow before we go down would personally mean a lot to me.

By the way "disgusted of Coventry" why do you spend hours on the blog on behalf of a friend - rather strange?

I have 7 good earning years being clobbered (plus a decent Equitable Life pension ruined by the same shower of) and being a sore loser I have to fight back!!

Comment

By the way "disgusted of Coventry" why do you spend hours on the blog on behalf of a friend - rather strange?
              Because he knows that HMRC read this forum. He's paranoid about being identified. Like you, his life has been ripped apart by BN66.

Hence my disgust.

Comment

What about question time!

It has emerged today that Mr. Ordinary Bloke (who lives in a terraced house in OrdinaryTown) is about to be made bankrupt in the latest retrospective scandal etc.

Jeremy Paxman "Well! You thought Barclays had it bad? Well think again! Here's Robert Peston with a report."

Here is the link: BBC News - Question Time - Join the Question Time audience
                If any of the more vociferus amongst you fancy appearing on the show. it's certainly cheaper than a £30k 1 page spread where we have more chance as chucking tulip on the moon than collecting 3000 tenners. There is even a specific question that we could use. Personally public speaking is not my strong point but I'm sure that a few of you out there would be able to get our plight across.

5. What two issues would you like to discuss in the current news?

Comment

Local Not National

I like this Idea and approach but maybe there is something before Day 1 National News. Maybe we are being to ambitous, perhaps the route here starts with Mr Ordinary in his local news paper or local Radio. These people are much more likely to listen and see the personal impact.

How many times does a local story become a national one, from little acorns and all that.

But it needs to be a personal Story of real hardship, as someone said the worst hit of all of us should front this.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                    Here is the link: BBC News - Question Time - Join the Question Time audience
                    If any of the more vociferus amongst you fancy appearing on the show. it's certainly cheaper than a £30k 1 page spread where we have more chance as chucking tulip on the moon than collecting 3000 tenners. There is even a specific question that we could use. Personally public speaking is not my strong point but I'm sure that a few of you out there would be able to get our plight across.

5. What two issues would you like to discuss in the current news?

I think this is a great idea ! - Any volunteers ?

Comment

I did attend a mark thomas event

The People's Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he talked about tax dodgers ... and I talked about my isa .. was that tax avoidance .. ? ... was really tempted to talk about the whole retrospective element ..but given the banker bashin pre-amble probably wasnt going to be a fair fight (he had a microphone as well ) ..anyway my wife dug me in teh ribs with a pointy elbow and I fell back under the petticoat government !!

Comment

Working...
                      X