• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC negotiates a tax bill with an individual

James Moore: Owe the taxman £2.76? You'd better meet him at The Ivy to chew it over - Business Comment - Business - The Independent

Comment

love it!

on the question of who are HMRC accountable too, who can fire Hartnett, who is effectively his boss? That gives a pretty good steer on who controls them.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
        No, I agree with you 100%
        Wan't having a go at what you said.

Comment

HMRC are BRUTAL...

I dont log on very often...but check this forum every day...but I just had to post this link...as its so so sad...

BBC News - Man describes how he was chased for money he did not owe

Shame on you, Hector...

Comment

Just received Montpelier's christmas letter which puts to rest the myths perpetrated by HMRC's "newsletter".

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Montpelier and thanks for your continued efforts fighting the HMRC fraudsters.

...and a horrible christmas to HMRC staff, I'll raise a glass to your departments being drastically cut in 2012. Oh, and may your heating break down and chimneys fall in on christmas day.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Institutional Dishonesty

Our MPs are finding that HMRC are both incompetent and dishonest.

Have a listen to what the head of Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee has to say about both HMRC and Dave Hartnett.

Go to BBC - Podcasts - Best of Today

And scroll down to “System problems at HMRC”

Note this will only be available for 6 days.

The law was clear that the scheme we used worked prior to section 58. HMRC were also clear that the scheme worked. HMRC asked Parliament to enact section 58 on false pretences and even now have still to present any evidence to the contrary.
              There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Christmas Presents

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                Just received Montpelier's christmas letter which puts to rest the myths perpetrated by HMRC's "newsletter".

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Montpelier and thanks for your continued efforts fighting the HMRC fraudsters.

...and a horrible christmas to HMRC staff, I'll raise a glass to your departments being drastically cut in 2012. Oh, and may your heating break down and chimneys fall in on christmas day.
                I hope that you're planning your deliveries for Christmas Eve then?

Comment

Anyone in the same boat?

Apologies if I put this question that is related to this scheme but not 100%.

I am going through divorce financial settlement and the ex is being very stubborn about finding out about the scheme and got the judge to 'order' to find out ALL about the scheme. I'm sure Mont wont divulge too much... I'd apprciate if anyone contacted me on their experience/guidance on this issue, please. They want to know the scheme and how much money went in, when and how much was paid out etc!

Comment

Originally posted by marcuss View Post

I am going through divorce financial settlement and the ex is being very stubborn about finding out about the scheme and got the judge to 'order' to find out ALL about the scheme. I'm sure Mont wont divulge too much... I'd apprciate if anyone contacted me on their experience/guidance on this issue, please. They want to know the scheme and how much money went in, when and how much was paid out etc!
                    You need to speak to Mont P
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by marcuss View Post

make sure you put all the HMRC notices down as liabilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X