• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant rant- seriously thinking of ditching after two months!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I'd settle for an accountant who understood accounting...
    LOL
    Being able to answer the phone and send emails to their customers would be a bonus as well
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      I'd settle for an accountant who understood accounting...
      Or answers emails when they offer an email service.....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        LOL
        Being able to answer the phone and send emails to their customers would be a bonus as well
        To be honest, the fellas pretty good at answering the phone (when I can find the office hes in) and hes friendly enough and seems to know his stuff. But, to be honest, call me a miserable git but I just cant be arsed to phone people for every little thing - would rather people just answered my email in a day or two.

To be honest, I cant see how people prefer someone phoning them. If someone phones you, you've got to speak to them now! regardless of what else you're doing. Surely its much easier to answer an email when you've got a day or two to do it?

One of my pet hates that mind. Providing an email address and never answering emails. Surprised how many companies do this mind.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          regardless of what else you're doing. Surely its much easier to answer an email when you've got a day or two to do it?
          Also much easier to ignore, lose, forget and delete as well.

Comment

Dog gone it...there are contractor cowboys.

who are them fella's who aint answering your email fella? If they aint doing it like fellas should(and the PCG fellas said they would), then perhaps they aint good enough for us contractor fellas! A fella aint going to be able to be able operate for the client fella's if the accountant fella can't sort the HRMC fellas. You tell that fella, listen up partner, I'm a 'baccy chewing contractor fella, I aint a joker fella! I aint!
            Last edited by max; 11 July 2011, 14:45.

Comment

Also much easier to ignore, lose, forget and delete as well.
              Talking about from an email receivers point of view.

Anyway, a professional person shouldnt ignore, lose, forget, or delete emails from their customer.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                who are them fella's who aint answering your email fella? If they aint doing it like fellas should(and the PCG fellas said they would), then perhaps they aint good enough for us contractor fellas! A fella aint going to be able to be able operate for the client fella's if the accountant fella can't sort the HRMC fellas. You tell that fella, listen up partner, I'm a 'baccy chewing contractor fella, I aint a joker fella! I aint!
                Yo dude. You is talking sense right.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Talking about from an email receivers point of view.

Anyway, a professional person shouldnt ignore, lose, forget, or delete emails from their customer.
                  You need to tell that to every single manager that at this client and nearly everyone I have worked at recently.

Comment

You need to tell that to every single manager that at this client and nearly everyone I have worked at recently.
                    LOL. :-)

Sorry but making a point of saying you provide an email service and then not answering said emails received is PPS IMHO.

Comment

I would go with one of the big companies where everything is a procedure.
                      Then you will start to learn the ropes and get to know what is due when.

Then move accountants if you wish after a couple of years.

I started off with a "normal" accountant about 15 years ago and everything was late of just in time. It was a nightmare, especially as I did not really understand everything required and when.

Comment

Working...
                      X