• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency non-payment of invoices - How long before you start complaining to them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Fair point about the bank account which is why I was OK about it.

My original invoice was 1st June but the most recent one (amended version with VAT and bank account details on) was 20th June. No payment terms specified in contract but my invoice quotes 14 days.

Does this mean 14 days from amended version?

Thing is they promised me it would be paid and it hasnt and no-one is replying to my emails. This is the problem.
    If the contract doesn't say anything, then it is 30 days from receipt of invoice I believe. You can't just state 14 days on your invoice. It's what the contract says (or doesn't!) that counts.

Comment

If the payment is 48 hours late then PICK UP THE PHONE AND TALK TO THE AGENCY. Don't just send them loads of emails.

If the agency is any good they will get in touch with the finance department and find out why the payment is late.

It could be your own bank that is at fault.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X