• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already but when I am working abroad, can I put my hotels and flights as travel expenses and am I allowed a per day expense for meals etc all saving TAX ?

If you are:
    1. Allowed legally to use, AND
    2. It's tax efficient to,

use your UK limited company in the tax jurisdiction you are in then yes you can claim hotel costs, flights home to the UK and a daily allowance for subsistence.

There is a HRMC booklet (here is the link to the booklet http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/emp...cale-rates.htm you will need to scroll down the page to find the link to the actual booklet that contains the scale rates) that gives you the civil service (read maximum) rate you can claim per day.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 26 June 2011, 10:38.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X