• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors Remuneration on Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors Remuneration on Accounts

Should I disclose my directors remuneration in my company accounts? What is the implication on IR35 investigations?

In fact, what statutory notes are advisable and which ones not?
    Last edited by the4thamigo_uk; 25 June 2011, 18:20.

Originally posted by the4thamigo_uk View Post
    Should I disclose my directors remuneration in my company accounts? What is the implication on IR35 investigations?

What sort of accounts are you submitting. The HMRC online facility should lead you through this, or try this:

Accounting and audit exemptions for small companies | Business Link

You are clearly concerned that IR35 may be an issue for you so perhaps it's time to consider whether a LTD is really the best trading medium for you?

Directors remuneration, or lack of it, would not be enough on its own as hundreds of company directors in a diverse range of sectors take low salaries and dividends.

More likely triggers are the company's SIC, any description of its activities shown in the accounts, tax return, or other information provided to a government department, etc.

Comment

You need to disclose directors remuneration it is statutory requirement. There are others statutory notes which should be included in the accounts, but that depends whether those apply to you not. It is not practical and advisable to say which notes are required.

Comment

Should I disclose my directors remuneration in my company accounts?
        Yes for full accounts, no for abbreviated accounts.

ZED.

Comment

Working...
        X