• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applying for personal finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for personal finance

I've done a few searches here and come up with nothing. I am a one man Ltd Co and I'm looking to get a new car on a 0% finance deal for my wife.

Given that the staff in the dealership are unlikely to understand the ins and outs of contracting/MyCo type arrangements, what answers do I give them? Do I class myself as employed or self employed? My income is predominantly from dividends so if I just give my salary, they're unlikely to approve!

Any advice appreciated...

Personal Finance

Finance at car dealerships generally not as dificult to get as normal finance as the loan is secured on the car - when I used to work on the scorecards for leasing / financiing of cars unless your had awful credit (CCJ's etc) then you would get the finance. Rmemeber, it is relatively safe for the car finance company as you stop paying they take the car.

I have had over the past 5 years 3 lease cars from Sytner BMW and each time my application has gone through with no problems (and I have a bit of outstanding debt!).

Mortgage / Loans / Credit Cards companies when I apply are not as forthcoming unfirtunatly.

Comment

Thanks very much for the info

Comment

You are employed.
        One of our customers just lease a Mercedes 2000 pound /month. Depends you are going for business lease or personal lease.
        Personal lease-salary dividend, rental income or other income/asset you have+credit score
        Business lease -company accounts(usually 3 years)

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
        I've done a few searches here and come up with nothing. I am a one man Ltd Co and I'm looking to get a new car on a 0% finance deal for my wife.

Given that the staff in the dealership are unlikely to understand the ins and outs of contracting/MyCo type arrangements, what answers do I give them? Do I class myself as employed or self employed? My income is predominantly from dividends so if I just give my salary, they're unlikely to approve!

Any advice appreciated...

Comment

Working...
        X