• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Ireland with a UK Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Ireland with a UK Bank Account

Just started working in Ireland. Sorted out a flat for the 6 month contract. I am starting to find it a bit tricky with my UK bank account as I need to pay rent monthly. Electricity company have said that I can either setup a direct debit or give them a 300 Euro deposit. I do not want to give another deposit. There are numerous other costs which are costing me more with the UK bank account.

What are my options?

I currently have a Santander Business account and their only advice was to set-up CHAPS - I do not want to do this.

Is there a more flexible bank account? I read somewhere that Cater Allen gives the ability to deal in £, $ or Euro.

Thank you.

Originally posted by youwhut View Post
    Just started working in Ireland. Sorted out a flat for the 6 month contract. I am starting to find it a bit tricky with my UK bank account as I need to pay rent monthly. Electricity company have said that I can either setup a direct debit or give them a 300 Euro deposit. I do not want to give another deposit. There are numerous other costs which are costing me more with the UK bank account.

What are my options?

I currently have a Santander Business account and their only advice was to set-up CHAPS - I do not want to do this.

Is there a more flexible bank account? I read somewhere that Cater Allen gives the ability to deal in £, $ or Euro.

Thank you.
    Can you not take a trip north of the border, I am sure this is not uncommon between Ulster and Eire
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I appreciate the creativity but what is your idea?

Comment

Originally posted by youwhut View Post
        I appreciate the creativity but what is your idea?
        Some of the banks in Ulster must be used to having to deal with both currencies, maybe they can offer some suggestion
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Cater Allen

I am with Cater Allen and i can confirm that they can trf in dollars and euro's (and are generally very good).

I contracted in Ireland - gave up and set-up a business account there for sake of ease but made accounts a bit trickier at the end of the year but made my life easier!!

Comment

Working...
          X