• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Companies - bank charges for same day payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
    Parasol charge £30 for same day payment! can anyone beat that?...
    Even after 20 odd years living in this country the desperately antiquated retail banking system still shocks me.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
      Parasol charge £30 for same day payment! can anyone beat that?...
      Yes ....

I was speaking to gfk or excellium (i think? Have to check my notes) a couple months back and they said £5 for CHAPS/same day. Said it cost them £4 to do. Very honest and open ...

Parasol when I was ringing around had some of the most hideous rates I saw, rather unhelpful/matter of fact and wont give clients a geographic number, which is essential if you're a mobile engineer.

Comment

Hi I saw this and at the risk of incurring the mods' Olympian wrath, I just can't help myself.

I work for a brolly, Nasa Consulting. And we charge... absolutely diddly squat extra for same day payments.

[Mod] I'll let this one pass as it's relevant to the thread and you didn't post a link, but don't make a habit of it [/Mod]

Comment

It proves time is money. Same day transfer can cost 20-25 pound

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
          I notice that several big umbrella firms charge anything from £12 to £30 to process a same day payment for contractors. Since the vast majority of the major banks now operate the Faster Payments Payments service for same day payments, and generally charge less than a pound for each transaction, how can they justify such a huge fee?

Comment

Also worth remembering is a £5 deduction from your gross pay only costs you £3 in your net pay.

Comment

Working...
            X