• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd company and 2 x mileage claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd company and 2 x mileage claim

I have set up my own Ltd company and have a 6 month contract with a client.
    I will be claiming my daily 40 mile round trip/commute from my own ltd company at 45p p/m up to 10k.

But if I travel from my clients office to site, say 200 miles away, I can claim this back from them via expenses / invoice from my Ltd company.

Question is can I do both?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by jamesc77 View Post
    I have set up my own Ltd company and have a 6 month contract with a client.
    I will be claiming my daily 40 mile round trip/commute from my own ltd company at 45p p/m up to 10k.

But if I travel from my clients office to site, say 200 miles away, I can claim this back from them via expenses / invoice from my Ltd company.

Question is can I do both?

Thanks in advance
    You the person claim it from your Ltd. Your Ltd invoices the client (with VAT added). It takes a little bit of thinking to separate in your mind you from your Ltd, which are separate legal entities.

Comment

WHS. There's no reason why they have to be the same rate either, and no reason why the 10,000 mile limit applies to what youco charges the client.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        WHS. There's no reason why they have to be the same rate either, and no reason why the 10,000 mile limit applies to what youco charges the client.
        Accurately and to the point.

Comment

Working...
        X