• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

money invoiced but not paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money invoiced but not paid

If i have invoiced companies before my year end e.g 2010/11 and have got paid after the end of year i have normally included this in the tax year 2010/11 as part of my account. i then calculate my divs and corp tax and start the new tax year income with first 2011/12 invoice.

due to time 30day payment terms i tend to wait until the payment has all cleared before calculating my corp tax and divs myself and hand over to my accountant

question. since i know my income and outgoings for the 2010/11 can i give the accountant my accounts before payment but after invoices have been sent to my companies so to speed things up?

thanks
    Last edited by contractor55; 2 June 2011, 19:26.

Absolutely fine. The accounts are prepared on an accruals basis so if it's been invoiced it's included in the accounts whether it's been paid or not.

The accountant may request they wait to file the accounts until that invoice is paid though, just to be certain that's truly collectible and isn't a bad debt that needs to be reflected in the accounts.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

many thanks

Comment

Working...
      X