• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock transfer form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock transfer form

Hi, I set up a Ltd. co about 2 years ago. I have 51% share and my partner 49%. (100 shares at £1 each). Now my partner wants out of the business and she does not want any money for the shares. She wants to "gift them" to me so no money is involved.
    We have completed the stock transfer form but what is the next step? Not sure who keeps the form and also do we need to inform anyone about the transfer?

Originally posted by Cruise70 View Post
    Hi, I set up a Ltd. co about 2 years ago. I have 51% share and my partner 49%. (100 shares at £1 each). Now my partner wants out of the business and she does not want any money for the shares. She wants to "gift them" to me so no money is involved.
    We have completed the stock transfer form but what is the next step? Not sure who keeps the form and also do we need to inform anyone about the transfer?
    All you need to do is keep the original stock transfer form for your records. As it's gifted, there'll be no stamp duty to pay. The transfer of the shares can then be updated and registered at Companies House when you complete your next annual return (AR01).

Hope this helps

And also consider whether a Form 42 needs to be completed and filed at HMRC.
    Last edited by Craig@Clarity; 1 June 2011, 10:22.

Comment

Working...
    X