• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non disclosure agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non disclosure agreement

I have been asked by my client to sign a non disclosure agreement but the first line states "During and after my emloyment for ". My question is, would this come up if I was investigated for IR35? Is this 'normal' wording bearing in mind MyCo's contract is with an agency ?

Thx

Arent these things usually done to protect their IP? IE. so you cant go and hock off a tool you developed for them to their competitors??

Perhaps you can ask them to change the word employment for the word contract?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by SAPBoy
      I have been asked by my client to sign a non disclosure agreement but the first line states "During and after my emloyment for ". My question is, would this come up if I was investigated for IR35? Is this 'normal' wording bearing in mind MyCo's contract is with an agency ?

Thx
      Yes of course it is normal.

Any company secrets that you learn whilst working for/at a company should be kept secret forever. It would be pointless asking someone to agee not to tell competitors about X, if they could tell all as soon as they resigned.

Tim

Comment

I sign NDA's all the time as I deal direct with clients (no agencies). The only time I haven't is when I am licencing/selling products that I have already written for the purpose of selling direct to the client.

It's perfectly normal behaviour and as Mailman says, it is to protect the clients IP.

I do not think this has any impact on IR35, so I would sign.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Thx

Thanks all - I have no problem with signing in order to protect IP. My question was just about it referring to me as an employee.

Comment

Confidentiality agreement AFTER finishing?

So, if you've been contracting with someone who's a total SH*T and ripping you off left right and centre and getting you to work for nothing under the name of "business development" because he's promising you a share in the company (never in writing) etc etc and also pays on average 46 days late and says he doesn't need to pay until paid by the third party client (although how do WE know when that actually happens?) and then when you've finally had enough and tell him to get lost he won't pay the last invoice until you sign a client exclusivity and confidentiality agreement for FIVE YEARS!!!!! - would you sign it?

Comment

Originally posted by zmp
              So, if you've been contracting with someone who's a total SH*T and ripping you off left right and centre and getting you to work for nothing under the name of "business development" because he's promising you a share in the company (never in writing) etc etc and also pays on average 46 days late and says he doesn't need to pay until paid by the third party client (although how do WE know when that actually happens?) and then when you've finally had enough and tell him to get lost he won't pay the last invoice until you sign a client exclusivity and confidentiality agreement for FIVE YEARS!!!!! - would you sign it?
              and BREATH
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
              X