• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance PLEASE HELP???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    The DVLA issue defence related SC's, however I don't know the process for getting one revoked. Since you were dismissed for what could be termed fraud, I'd imagine that could be grounds for your employer to start that process.

You can't hold your own SC, it has to be held by a government department or ListX company, under normal circumstances it lapses automatically if unused for 12 months.
    Shurely shome mishtake TykeMerc, DVA not DVLA?

Oddly enough I'm off to DLVA, Swansea sounds great!!

Comment

Originally posted by singhie View Post
      Sacked for claiming overtime apparently not worked
      Don't you keep your own records? Or are you ne of those people that just writes "9 - 5" on your timesheet regardless of what you do?

they sussed this through fitting a tracker to the car without my knowledge.
      Do what? For real? Is that with court approval? Why - and who - would do that? Or did you make it up? Or did they make it up?

So goes down as gross misconduct.

So what do you think - will this affect my sc clearance?
      A previous Branch Security Officer told me some years back they can make reports to the DVA in such cases such as yours to ensure clearance is not provided again. Unless he was lying, you'll probably never be cleared again.

However, I don't believe a word of what you are telling us.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Shurely shome mishtake TykeMerc, DVA not DVLA?

Oddly enough I'm off to DLVA, Swansea sounds great!!
        Sorry yes, absolutely right. Had several agents talking to me in the last few days about PM roles there which I've politely turned down. It's the DVA.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys (except 4 singhr)

But I'm going with the flow & see what happens?

All can happen is that I don't get the job then I will not apply for SC Clearence jobs in the future!

regards

Singhie

Comment

And there he was gone. Another sockpuppet consigned to the dustbin of CUK history.

Comment

Working...
            X