• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling and Subsistence Payments (Personal Tax Return) as non taxable in SA102

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling and Subsistence Payments (Personal Tax Return) as non taxable in SA102

Hi Experts

I am working on intra-company transfer in UK and have been on UK payroll. I am getting 18KGBP per annum as non taxable amount for accommodation and living allowance.
    In PD11 form, this amount has been mentioned under ‘Travelling and subsistence payments’ head in Section ‘N’ .
    Also, at end of PD11, details for 18K GBP has been given under below two heads
    • ‘Travel and Subsistence - Accommodation Non-taxable’
    • ‘Travel and Subsistence - Living Allowance Non-taxable’
    While filling the self assessment form for year 2009/10, I put these 18K GBP in Box 16 in SA102 form. Though this amount was non taxable but by putting in Box 16, I guess it become taxable amount and in the final tax calculation, this number got added to the Income for the year. HMRC has sent 3600 Pound as tax due for this amount.
    How would I have been reported this amount in SA102 form to make it non-taxable. Should I put these details in Box 17 also?

Cheers
    SA2011

Originally posted by Sa2011 View Post
    Hi Experts

I am working on intra-company transfer in UK and have been on UK payroll. I am getting 18KGBP per annum as non taxable amount for accommodation and living allowance.
    Congrats on the 18K allowance, assuming this is on top of your rate, you're probably doing well enough to get an accountant. For the £200 or so they may charge (and less if you tell them up front that you've already completed the SA), you would definitely see a return.

In my experience (and not that I'm a Tax expert) as it's on your P11d you can't "change" where this allowance goes, you just may be able to claim additional expenditure.

Not the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps a little.

Comment

Working...
    X