• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S3 Group and Data Protection Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3 Group and Data Protection Act

I have told all members of the S3 Group to remove my personal details from their databases several times, however, I am still recieving cold calls and spam emails from failed graduates who can't get jobs with real recruitment agencies or employment businesses.

They are obviously showing complete disregard to the DPA so now I am forwarding proof of my informing them to remove my details and copies of their spam, phone calls etc to the Information Commissioner. I've had up to 6 calls a day from these cowboys and some of them don't care if its evening or weekend for contacting me about fake jobs to try and get their sales leads. It wouldn't be so bad if it was an occasional call but so many disturbs the day and some of them have me recorded as a manager so try to sell people to me as well.

I know the way they work is to stick a lot of trainees in a room and they practice with pretend jobs using real candidate data - I know a poor sod that was made to do that.

The only way to stamp out this abuse is keep on reporting them.

Originally posted by privateeye
    I have told all members of the S3 Group to remove my personal details from their databases several times, however, I am still recieving cold calls and spam emails from failed graduates who can't get jobs with real recruitment agencies or employment businesses.

They are obviously showing complete disregard to the DPA so now I am forwarding proof of my informing them to remove my details and copies of their spam, phone calls etc to the Information Commissioner. I've had up to 6 calls a day from these cowboys and some of them don't care if its evening or weekend for contacting me about fake jobs to try and get their sales leads. It wouldn't be so bad if it was an occasional call but so many disturbs the day and some of them have me recorded as a manager so try to sell people to me as well.

I know the way they work is to stick a lot of trainees in a room and they practice with pretend jobs using real candidate data - I know a poor sod that was made to do that.

The only way to stamp out this abuse is keep on reporting them.
    Or never get on their list in the first place

Comment

The Information Commissioner will not be interested unless you can show you have already gone through the matter with the data controller of the organisation in queastion who has subsequently failed to meet their obligations under the DPA.

Phew - breathe!

So, you need to call S3 and get the data controller on the line, then ask them why this is happening and get them to confirm they will rectify the situaion. Give them a reasonable amount of time (I assume they have already had the required 28 days) before taking it to the IC.

HTH.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        The Information Commissioner will not be interested unless you can show you have already gone through the matter with the data controller of the organisation in queastion who has subsequently failed to meet their obligations under the DPA.
        It can be proven and the proof sent to IC

So, you need to call S3 and get the data controller on the line, then ask them why this is happening and get them to confirm they will rectify the situaion. Give them a reasonable amount of time (I assume they have already had the required 28 days) before taking it to the IC.
        They were called and emailed substantially more than 28 days ago so no excuse there is valid. I have had confirmation from some of S3 but they have been quickly followed up by a sales call. Progressive were quite laughable they sent me an email asking me to send my email address to them so they could search for my details on their database using my email address.

Funny how now I have forwarded the info to the IC that today they are actually doing something about it.

I never even registerred with those cowboys in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye

I never even registerred with those cowboys in the first place.
          knowing S3 well you will at some point have registered with Progressive. The companies don't share candidate information.

I imagine you will have to request to be taken off each company's database individually

Comment

I have to agree... as much as I hate the bar stewards.. all their companies have seperate databases with no infomrmation share between them......

Comment

Originally posted by n3il123
              I have to agree... as much as I hate the bar stewards.. all their companies have seperate databases with no infomrmation share between them......
              I had not registered with any of them - and I had contacted all of them seperately to be removed from their individual databases but none of them actually obeyed the instruction until I forwarded copies of emails etc to the IC. As for them all working seperately I'm not so sure with the amount of the S3 Group actually having offices in venture house all beside each other.

Comment

Working...
              X