• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounts late .. not heard from accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounts late .. not heard from accountant

My accountant has not submitted my 09-10 accounts as yet, and ignores my emails
    They were due in 31st March.

Could "police action" be taken by Companies House as a valid reason for them not being submitted? I have not yet signed or seen the completed documents, and so I need to move fast to avoid any futher deadlines being broken..

Companies House and HMRC are quite strict in what they deem as a reasonable excuse for late filing, and generally your accountant letting you down is not good enough. In their eyes you are the company director, and it's still your responsibility.

It certainly won't do any harm to call HMRC and Companies House to explain though.

When was the last time you heard from your accountant? Are they a member of a professional body you could complain to?
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Word of warning. I had exactly the same problem with a small local firm. I thought it would be better to go local and do the face to face thing but he was just a one man setup and I assume I was just small fry.

He completely screwed me over and never delivered a thing. SJD pulled me out of the mire at the last minute and were very good helping me out.

Once bitten twice shy for me and my advice would be give him a couple of calls/emails and if still nadda get out quick.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X