• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Accounts

Just been turned down for a Business Bank account by HSBC due to "adverse credit history". My credit report isn't the best report in the world due to a satisfied default from Capital One 4 years ago and some late payments in the past few years. Does anyone know any banks that would give a Business Account to a limited company in these circumstances?

Ian

Other than going with who you bank personally, I think all checks would be the same.
    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

I do my personal banking with HSBC so that's why I'm a bit peeved that they declined it.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by biondani View Post
        Just been turned down for a Business Bank account by HSBC due to "adverse credit history". My credit report isn't the best report in the world due to a satisfied default from Capital One 4 years ago and some late payments in the past few years. Does anyone know any banks that would give a Business Account to a limited company in these circumstances?

Ian
        Whilst I am not aware of your exact details, we generally find that Barclay's are the best bet in situations like this.

Generally the best deal is still with Cater Allen but they are quote strict when it comes to adverse credit history.

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan. I have just spoken to Natwest and they think they will be able to do a Foundation Business Account for me. If this doesn't work out I will try Barclays.

Ian

Comment

Working...
          X