• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone know about / dealt with Helix Managment Limited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know about / dealt with Helix Managment Limited

web-site is at
    Helix Management
    There is also a brief LinkedIn profile for Helix.
    The access for Helix is described to me as "up and through a back door in a lane above an internet cafe called Feegans Lounge". On the letterbox inside the door besides the name of Helix there is also Halcyon Management Limited
    On the Helix web-site under "who are we" it says "Our team comprises internationally respected professionals.." but no names given!!

Does anyone know anything about any of these names or companies?
    thx

Originally posted by Freelancer1 View Post
    web-site is at
    Helix Management
    There is also a brief LinkedIn profile for Helix.
    The access for Helix is described to me as "up and through a back door in a lane above an internet cafe called Feegans Lounge". On the letterbox inside the door besides the name of Helix there is also Halcyon Management Limited
    On the Helix web-site under "who are we" it says "Our team comprises internationally respected professionals.." but no names given!!

Does anyone know anything about any of these names or companies?
    thx
    I haven't heard of them, which is strange as I usually get to know most of our competitors over here. They say they are working in conjunction with KPMG. Maybe you could email the tax manager from KPMG who was at the seminar in the Claremont the other morning and ask him?

Comment

Helix and others like it are what's best avoided

Helix provide a scheme which facilitates the movement of cash from a recruitment agency to your bank account via offshore banks. The wording of the scheme is meant to offer some form of assurance that it is legitimate and complies with todays tax regulations, where as the reality is if you use this 'money moving service', the only benefit from a tax point of view is that the design of structure used involving offshore accounts and a series of limited companies transferring your cash from one to another makes it more complicated for HMRC to track where the money is going and who to. (That is until HMRC raid the office premises and seize the contents of the servers!)
      Helix and the like simply cant show that they are not providing an illegal service and when asked the key questions regarding their structure and the weak/attack points the sales guys just dont have the answers. Instead they respond with either a scripted reply or some wishywashy bull like used car salesmen. A bank would be happy to prove it is acting legally with real evidence, so why cant they. It would be great if they could prove me wrong though.

Comment

Hi my name is Jerry.

I'm a contractor just like you guys.

I've been using Helix now for about 5 years and have found them really reliable and excellent. They have had their scheme approved by everyone who is anyone. The HMRC sent them a note telling them their scheme is bullet proof. I've seen this note. It is signed - "HMRC Guys". Totally legit.

It is so legit even Jesus uses them.

I highly recommend them.

Cheers Tom.

ps. don't worry about their website. I know it is totally rubbish and full of inane information about nothing at all but that is all just there to put off the hound-dogs of HMRC.

pps. not that putting off hound-dogs is required because the scheme is totally kosher.

Cheers, Jerry.
        Last edited by prozak; 30 November 2011, 16:45.

Comment

Avoid ...., Helix/Halcyon........... will not let you see their 'loan agreement', won't commit to backing you up in case of a HMRC investigation and none of the companys staff are mentioned by name on their website.

<snip>

Mod note: snipped to all though moderation.

Comment

Working...
          X