• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Italy

I've been offered a fairly good contract in Italy, I would be doing work for a UK company but the work will be taking place over there. I have my own ltd company and the UK company will be paying via a UK agency.

Is there anything I should be concerned about, tax / legal wise?

This would be my first contract outside of the UK .

cheers

nice one.

Where abouts?

I did a stint in Milan and was with an irish agency. Wasn't any scary stuff really, normal invoice etc wasn't any VAT but that was because it wasn't a uk agency.

I stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks and then got a room in a flat share, had to get a special number (kinda like NI number) to get a tenancy agreement...just had to goto the town hall, took all morning but wasn't too bad.

Comment

As long as you don't stay over 182 days and you have a UK address then you have nothing to worry about.

As you have to register then it would include all the days you are registered in Italy so will include any days you are back in the UK.

There are rates for accommodation and subsidence that you can claim for having a short contract abroad that are higher than what you can claim for being away in the UK.

(I can't remember the HMRC booklet number/name so hopefully someone else can post it.)
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks, I'm a bit nervous after reading the monster German Tax thread, don't want something like that happening to me.

Comment

Working...
        X