• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mistake with entrepreneur relief...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mistake with entrepreneur relief...

to keep it short, but not sweet

accountant has claimed entrepreneur relief for me, but I only traded 7 months but company was kept open by him for just over a year.

HMRC rightly (apparently) saying I did not trade for over a year - just had company open for that long, therefore I will owe an extra 30% tax as relief not applicable.. as I paid only 10% on cash left in company.

looks like accountant entirely responsible for not knowing the law around this and I have had bad advice.

need some thoughts on legal action / routes of approaching / resolving the problem - with the accountant in the main, as well as payment schedules for HMRC

Working...
X