• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Received wrong accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received wrong accounts

Accountant sent me my year-end accounts yesterday by email. Except they didn't. They'd attached a different company's accounts instead.

Ok, honest mistakes happen, but this kind of thing really shouldn't happen. Makes you wonder who's got mine. They've apologised for the mix up (they sent me another email before I'd even opened the first, so deleted the original straight away without reading it).

And no, I won't name and shame.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

If you acknowledge its an honest mistake and that you're not going to name and shame, what's the point of posting this up? Accountants are human and mistake can be made.

Comment

It does beg the question of whether the accountant has sent you wrong information in the past though. Personally, I would report your accountant to their respective professions and also consider going to the ICO to inform them of a breach in the DPA.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        It does beg the question of whether the accountant has sent you wrong information in the past though. Personally, I would report your accountant to their respective professions and also consider going to the ICO to inform them of a breach in the DPA.
        Before doing so, I'd email your account manager and ask for an explanation of how this happened and if your accounts were sent to someone else then proceed accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Before doing so, I'd email your account manager and ask for an explanation of how this happened and if your accounts were sent to someone else then proceed accordingly.
          I only hope the Accountant is an honest one.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

That's OTT
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              That's OTT
              Possibly. But it depends on whether data breaches are a habit for the Accountant or not.

Comment

Possibly. But it depends on whether data breaches are a habit for the Accountant or not.
                You will never know.

The fact that the accountant acted quickly and apologised means that it is more likely to be an honest mistake.

Companies, in my experience, who don't take Data Protection seriously never act that quickly. They only act when you threaten to report them to the Information Commissioner, or after you actually have and they have received a letter from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                  Accountant sent me my year-end accounts yesterday by email. Except they didn't. They'd attached a different company's accounts instead.

And no, I won't name and shame.
                  my money is on the accountant must be Brooksons!

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                    my money is on the accountant must be Brooksons!
                    stalker

Comment

Working...
                    X