• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Email Id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Email Id

Does anyone know an HMRC email id to get a question clarified in writing. Other day, I called one of the HMRC tax inspectors, even they seem to say things that did not seem right from strict accounting terms.

Originally posted by tyut4669 View Post
    Does anyone know an HMRC email id to get a question clarified in writing. Other day, I called one of the HMRC tax inspectors, even they seem to say things that did not seem right from strict accounting terms.
    If you log in with your username / password I think you can send a secure message to them.

Comment

Thanks mate. Is n't there a way of clarifying questions anonymously.

Comment

Originally posted by tyut4669 View Post
        Thanks mate. Is n't there a way of clarifying questions anonymously.
        HMRC would never issue advice anonymously that they would later stand by, so it wouldn't be worth the theoretical paper it was printer on.

What exactly are you trying to clarify?
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Any general accounting questions like..

Should I file a P11D for this benefit?
          What are the implications if I do this and that etc?
          What if I overdraw director loan etc.

Documents are too huge for me to go through. Good accountants seem to very costly. Forums generally give mixed opinions. and you know how the cheap accountants are like.

So, thought the best thing is to contact hmrc.

Comment

There's lot of information on the HMRC website, although it's not always up to date, and you can call the general queries helpline. Sometimes there just isn't a 'right' answer which is why you may get differing opinions. If it was black and white then no one would ever end up in Court.

Your best bet is to get an accountant. Whatever questions you ask them you can also independantly research so that you're happy with their advice. Don't let one bad experience put you off.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
            X