• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does my wife need to fill in a Tax Return?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    ... Oh how I wish that I had kept a copy of that web page...
    If you're lucky you might be able to find it on this... Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Sorry to deviate but is this regular income shifting (or whatever it's called) or something else? From a common sense perspective at least, it looks dodgy to me, the kind of thing which explains why HMRC aren't keen on contractors.

Genuine question
      hey d00hg,

As it was explained to me, the whole "income shifting" piece only really comes into effect post creation or "gifting" shares and if the person you are shifting it too isn't your wife.

afaik, if you do it 50/50 at creation (ordinary shares) and you are married, its all above board and artic proved that.

@notallthere,
      the reason i'm not doing the salary is because in all honesty there isn't much/anything for her to do, so didn't fancy taking the risk of having to explain it later on to hector. but yes, in theory I could set her up, just cba with the drama. (i'm not that greedy!)
      Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
      X