• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company changes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company changes?

When taking on a contract role via an agency does the contractor have the right to select his or her own limited company? Does an agency have the right to select a limited company without making you aware? What if in the middle of the contract you want to change limited companies?

I would advise you to read the First Timers advice on the front page of this website as you are somewhat confused.

Comment

Originally posted by molie
      When taking on a contract role via an agency does the contractor have the right to select his or her own limited company? Does an agency have the right to select a limited company without making you aware? What if in the middle of the contract you want to change limited companies?
      On the first 2 questions can you elaborate on what you mean please.

On the last point ie. changing Ltd. mid-contract this is usually not allowed by the agencies/clients (I wanted to do this myself recently and was advised I had to wait until next renewal)

Comment

appointing limited company

Originally posted by xyz
        I would advise you to read the First Timers advice on the front page of this website as you are somewhat confused.

Sorry no I am not confused it is just a very confusing situation. Please see: http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread6345.html

Anyhow I am a contractor that currently is paid via a limited company that I did not have the choice of choosing. When I first took the role on it was made out that the "limited company" was really an agency but it has just come to light that they are only a limited company. So basically right now my chain of pay is a UK company - the Agency - the Limited Company - then me. What I want to know is did this "agency" have any right of appointing a limited company for me?

Comment

Molie,

make your mind up - in a previous posting you claimed to be an employee

So are you a disguised employee, a disguised contractor, a troll or just hard of thinking ?

Comment

Fool

Originally posted by eternalnomad
            Molie,

make your mind up - in a previous posting you claimed to be an employee

So are you a disguised employee, a disguised contractor, a troll or just hard of thinking ?

I am an employee I promise but I am sure from u life contractors I am just a ignorant fool who is getting totally screwed by her current contract!

Comment

Having read your previous postings from the other thread something sounds extremely dubious about your whole situation.

It seems like you've got yourself all tied up in knots with regards to contracts, who you're actually working for and whether you're a contractor or not!

Without wishing to sound harsh, I suggest that you get out of your current job and enter the world of contracting with your eyes open.

Comment

no hope

Originally posted by xyz
                Having read your previous postings from the other thread something sounds extremely dubious about your whole situation.

It seems like you've got yourself all tied up in knots with regards to contracts, who you're actually working for and whether you're a contractor or not!

Without wishing to sound harsh, I suggest that you get out of your current job and enter the world of contracting with your eyes open.

Yeah that is what I figured!

Comment

Working...
                X