• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband through Ltd Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadband through Ltd Co

Ages ago, my accountant advised me that purchasing my broadband via MyCo Ltd was tax efficient, but advised that I couldn't do it if I already had broadband which I did.

I'm now moving house at the end of the month; does that mean I can set up broadband to go via MyCo Ltd?

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    Ages ago, my accountant advised me that purchasing my broadband via MyCo Ltd was tax efficient, but advised that I couldn't do it if I already had broadband which I did.

I'm now moving house at the end of the month; does that mean I can set up broadband to go via MyCo Ltd?
    You can claim for the cost of Internet/Broadband access at your home subject to the following:

There is no separate billing or record of access connections;

No breakdown is possible between work and private connections;

Private use is not significant;

The contract must be in the name of the company and paid from the company bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
      You can claim for the cost of Internet/Broadband access at your home subject to the following:

There is no separate billing or record of access connections;

No breakdown is possible between work and private connections;

Private use is not significant;

The contract must be in the name of the company and paid from the company bank account.
      Excellent. In terms of private use, I'll make sure I access Red Tube from a 3G connection.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
        Excellent. In terms of private use, I'll make sure I access Red Tube from a 3G connection.

Thanks!
        Don't bother, it's just research for the pay per view content model you are developing...

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          Don't bother, it's just research for the pay per view content model you are developing...
          I like your style.

Comment

Working...
          X