• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Termination

I finished my last contract 3 weeks ago and got an another short term contract which is less than 3 months . Signed it and sent to agency .
    Mean while I am expecting a better 6months+ contract with large client which I gave interview long back.

I am not able to decide what to do with signed one as it required to start from next Monday.

When I read Termination clause ,I have following terms mentioned in the contract doc
    ----------------------------------------------
    "This agreement will terminate if, before the Completion Date as specified in the Schedule, the Client determines that the Supplier’s contribution to the project has been completed. The company may terminate the Agreement and /or the specified services by giving the supplier 7 days written notice, the supplier to give 7 days notice, additionally, the Company may terminate the Agreement and/or the Specified Services without prior notice if, in the Company’s or the Client’s opinion it is no longer appropriate for them to continue in force.”
    ---------------------------------------------

Will it be any problem if I terminate this contract before joining or after joining by giving 7days notice ?

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Originally posted by naash View Post
    Will it be any problem if I terminate this contract before joining or after joining by giving 7days notice ?
    Other than them being mighty annoyed, probably not. It's not good business to enter into a contract and then fail to carry it out though.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Bob-style punctuation?

Comment

Not particularly professional I have to say.

Might be easier just to speak to the agent and ask if there is any point you starting the contract as you are going to put in the notice.

They'll be pretty upset with you I would imagine and probably make a whole lot of noise about never representing you again.

Comment

Thats correct but the other client is IB and its tempting me.........

Comment

im in bad shape....spoke with agency they are ready give 6+ months offer and same pay .Not able to decide as IB one is +ve feedback client but no offer on hand ...have to wait till Monday .....

im typical in situation wait or dont ?

guys pls suggest with your experiences...

Comment

The answer depends on your attitude to risk.

The only offer worth anything is a firm offer. A promise of an offer is not an offer at all.

You could say you can't respond until Monday, but you risk losing both.
              "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
              X