• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not getting paid....heyalp!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ITDolly View Post
    And p.s. none w-h-a-t-s-o-e-v-e-r, the Umbrella Company, (GIANT) say "it's not us it's them"
    So the umbrella messed you around before and you've stayed with them?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

the Umbrella Company, (GIANT) say "it's not us it's them"
      As them to explain exactly what is happening. Them not getting paid on time has nothing to do with you - that's their problem not yours. They cannot refuse or delay payment to you just because the end client or agency are slow paying.

If you earn over £30k/year then you should consider forming a LTD company so you have much more control over your finances. There are a few helpful accountants here who will take you through the process.
      Last edited by Wanderer; 21 October 2011, 07:18. Reason: spelling
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        So the umbrella messed you around before and you've stayed with them?
        Its not the umbrella company. Company I work at > pays supplier > pays umbrella company > pays me. Its the supplier that's screwing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          As them to explain exactly what is happening. Them not getting paid on time has nothing to do with you - that's their problem not yours. They cannot refuse or delay payment to you just because the end client or agency are slow paying.

If you earn over £30k/year then you should consider forming a LTD company so you have much more control over your finances. There are a few helpful accountants here who will take you through the process.

Thanks, I agree. however I've only got two months left on this particular contract so I might consider setting up a Ltd co for new year and being done with all that in between.

What I want to know is, without sounding irrational, whether I might be being OTT or burning my bridges by withdrawing services (going home) until they pay me. Now three days overdue and people are emailing each other but nothing happening.

Thanks

Comment

YOUR AN EMPLOYEE OF THE UMBRELLA COMPANY!!!! sorry had to get that out, your deal is with the umbrella company when you work through an umbrella you are paid PAYE from them its their responsibility to pay you.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              YOUR AN EMPLOYEE OF THE UMBRELLA COMPANY!!!! sorry had to get that out, your deal is with the umbrella company when you work through an umbrella you are paid PAYE from them its their responsibility to pay you.

Ok, please don't shout at me, I want to know what to do now not how stupid I clearly am.

Comment

What I want to know is, without sounding irrational, whether I might be being OTT or burning my bridges by withdrawing services (going home) until they pay me. Now three days overdue and people are emailing each other but nothing happening.
                To be honest, 3 days late is a pretty minor thing and it would be way OTT walking off site or starting legal action because of it. Absolutely create an almighty stink with the umbrella but don't involve the client or anyone else at this stage.

Once you start working as a LTD company you may get even more of this so you have to set your expectations away from the permie mentality where you are paid like clockwork to a business person mentality where an unfortunate part of doing business is chasing the late payment of debts.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

How late are they?
                  How many months behind?

Details please.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
                    How late are they?
                    How many months behind?

Details please.
                    Nine grands worth of invoices not paid for last 4 weeks.

OK well thanks everyone for advice, I have emailed everyone kicking up a stink, I suppose I have to put up with whatever they decide and then consider alternatives for my next contract.

Comment

If your employer is doing nothing to pay you, then you need to find another employer.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X