• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked through Teksystems?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked through Teksystems?

Has anyone worked through Teksystems before? Are they good / prompt payers? They look like a stable company based on the basic information on Companies House, but just wondering what they are like as an agent.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

I worked through Allegis who got took over by TekSystems. No problems with payments after the takeover,

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I worked through Allegis who got took over by TekSystems. No problems with payments after the takeover,
      Thanks for the response. If I am reading in between the lines.... were there problems before the takeover?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I did a short stint with Tek Systems, invoice Monday, get paid Wednesday. Cant say fairer than that.

Other than that decent outfit, would work for them again.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Thanks for the response. If I am reading in between the lines.... were there problems before the takeover?
          I had no issues either with Allegis.

TekSystems offered self billing, signed timesheet sent off/collected Monday, payment made that Friday.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I was a bit suspicious of the agency when I had the initial conversation with them (thought they were on a fishing exercise for references). The agent wanted to meet up before the interview for a quick chat (on the day - ok they paid for it, so can't really complain much). The company registration on their website related to the other company even though the company's actual registration number existed on companies house. So my suspicious juices kicked in.

Good to know they are good payers. At least I can rest a bit easier now.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I was a bit suspicious of the agency when I had the initial conversation with them (thought they were on a fishing exercise for references). The agent wanted to meet up before the interview for a quick chat (on the day - ok they paid for it, so can't really complain much). The company registration on their website related to the other company even though the company's actual registration number existed on companies house. So my suspicious juices kicked in.

Good to know they are good payers. At least I can rest a bit easier now.
              I've been "fished" by them a few times, never had anything concrete through them however - always phoning for "a chat".

They have this "virtual bench" they bang on about that appears to be their main fishing tool.

That being said, a 'tractor friend of mine worked through them for a year or so, and said they were great to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                I've been "fished" by them a few times, never had anything concrete through them however - always phoning for "a chat".

They have this "virtual bench" they bang on about that appears to be their main fishing tool.

That being said, a 'tractor friend of mine worked through them for a year or so, and said they were great to deal with.
                I remember an agent putting me on a virtual bench of theirs. Never heard from them since. I agree it's a fishing tool.

I have a lot of companies asking me what companies have I been considered for so that they don't put me forward for the roles, to which I always respond: "let me know before you put me forward and I will let you know there and then if I have been considered."

I was a bit nervous about the agent when they approached for the role. I am now waiting for them to send me the contract.

Comment

I have a lot of companies asking me what companies have I been considered for so that they don't put me forward for the roles, to which I always respond: "let me know before you put me forward and I will let you know there and then if I have been considered."
                  ugh.... this just reminds me how much I hate dealing with agents.

No doubt Dodgy Agent or TAV will be along shortly to bleat that they need this info etc etc.

Comment

they got in touch with me a couple of years ago when i was still very green, to put me forward for a fix term positions, agent at the time seemed genuine enough and used the old "just need 2 references" trick before application, needless to say nothing ever materialised, and within 48hrs i'd noticed he had added my two refs as contacts on linkedin

wish i remembered the lil tulips name

actually probably did me a favour, i wouldn't be in the position i am if he had put me forward for the "role" and i had gotten it

Comment

Working...
                    X