• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet advice

Hello,

New here! Just got a query. I've been contracting for over 7 years now and have had an issue with a client recently. Looking for advice on timesheets and where I stand. End client was happy to sign off time sheets and thus paid the agency. Since I finished the role, there has been a discrepancy with deliverables. I am adamant that the time was put into the work as per the time sheets that were signed off. The end client is trying to re-negotiate payment with the agency involved as they are now claiming deliverables were not delivered DESPITE their sign off. They are claiming lack of competence and failure to deliver.

This is a per hour contract, and all deliverables completed within the time signed off (and paid for to my ltd company by the agency) were sent to the client.

I have a long, successful history contracting in my field, and am not in any way incompetent. Ultimately, they signed the time sheets accepting the time put into the project was legitimate. What are the potential situations I find myself in?

Thanks!

I'm guessing but ultimtely like all things, it comes down to the contract. Most contracts probably state if the timesheet is signed off by the client then you will get paid. I would expect the client NOT to sign off the timesheet until they have checked the work/deliverable and if they didn't bother, well, tough.

seek legal advice, start with the contract, i'm guessing as the timesheets are signed and you have evidence of that (right?) you will be fine.

GL
    Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

How long did contract at the client site?

How long after you left did they dispute this with the agent?

Did the contract state that you would work for a certain number of days/weeks or that you would deliver certain work products during the period of the contract? If the latter, were the deliverables produced?

Comment

Originally posted by contractsoft View Post
        The end client is trying to re-negotiate payment with the agency involved as they are now claiming deliverables were not delivered DESPITE their sign off.
        Too bad for them. They've signed the timesheets so the agency has to pay, the agency will know this full well. If you didn't opt-out of the agency regulations then you don't even have to have signed timesheets.

Contact the agency and tell them that the work was done, the timesheets were signed and the invoice is now due for payment. Payment not made by the due date will incur statutory interest and penalties and that you will take legal action to recover the debt if necessary.

Also remember that this is between you and the agency, not the client.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Too bad for them. They've signed the timesheets so the agency has to pay, the agency will know this full well. If you didn't opt-out of the agency regulations then you don't even have to have signed timesheets.

Contact the agency and tell them that the work was done, the timesheets were signed and the invoice is now due for payment. Payment not made by the due date will incur statutory interest and penalties and that you will take legal action to recover the debt if necessary.

WWS
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            WWS
            since they have signed the time sheets they don't really have a case. Are you maintaining a copy of the signed sheets?

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

Be careful if you go down this route. I had this experience recently with a major agency in the UK.
              Agency replied stating that client was very unhappy with my services and are considering claiming damages i,e. counter threat.

If i was you i would put a nice worded letter along the lines of
              Please can you clarify which subjects/documents/projects your client has indicated some concerns. State you are willing to meet client and discuss the issues raised. If you are not working with this client any more suggest an independant location. State you will be more than content to rectify your errors in your own time within reason. Also state in your letter if client has accepted documents/reports as part of client QA system and if any concerns been raised before?

When you do meet ( i doubt client will make further effort) make sure you bring along all information you know for the reports/projects client is concerned with if you have that data saved. keep all correspondence in writing either by letters or email. Email is acceptable but ensure more than 1 person is on the TO or CC list so they have no excuses of non acceptance.

Comment

Working...
              X