• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Moving to Permanent Position - Limited Company Advise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Moving to Permanent Position - Limited Company Advise?

Hi
    I am IT contractor having less than year a limited company. Now i am moving to Permanent position. Can you advise, what are steps need to taken, to avoid the further hassle in terms of company accounts, taxation etc? whether i need to inform hrmc? please advise

Adv Thanks

Originally posted by everfor View Post
    Hi
    I am IT contractor having less than year a limited company. Now i am moving to Permanent position. Can you advise, what are steps need to taken, to avoid the further hassle in terms of company accounts, taxation etc? whether i need to inform hrmc? please advise

Adv Thanks
    Approach an accountant and get them to do the work for you.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Few points for you

If you traded under limited company, then you need to prepare the accounts upto the trading period i.e. until the point you became emplyees.

You need to file CT return and pay Corporation Tax.

You need to think about extracting the cash from the company.

You may need to issue a P45 if you run a payroll for your company and pay paye & nice due to HMRC.

You may need to de-register your vat registration if you registered and pay final vat due to HMRC

Either you can strike off the company or go for voluntary dissolution.

Or you can get an accountant to do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by rmmc View Post
        You need to think about extracting the cash from the company.
        Ask your accountant about "ESC-C16"
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Ask your accountant about "ESC-C16"
          Don't think it applies because OP has worked less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stag Cozier View Post
            Don't think it applies because OP has worked less than a year.
            One year conditions is one of the conditions to qualify for Entrepreneurs Relief.

Comment

Originally posted by rmmc View Post
              One year conditions is one of the conditions to qualify for Entrepreneurs Relief.
              Ahh, OK. That won't work then.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                Ahh, OK. That won't work then.
                ESC 16 may work but not ER. HMRC would consider all factors before granting ESC16, particularly, if closing /selling the business in very short time.

Comment

Working...
                X