• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Preparing Company Returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing Company Returns

How long is reasonable time to wait for your accountant to prepare your annual company and self-assessment returns once providing the relevant documentation ?

I gave my accountant my papers at the start of August, more or less all prepared for him anyway and having chased has asked me to wait for another 7 days.

So 2 months more or less for me to find out the state of my affairs. Is this reasonable or a little excessive time to wait (my feeling is the latter) ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    How long is reasonable time to wait for your accountant to prepare your annual company and self-assessment returns once providing the relevant documentation ?

I gave my accountant my papers at the start of August, more or less all prepared for him anyway and having chased has asked me to wait for another 7 days.

So 2 months more or less for me to find out the state of my affairs. Is this reasonable or a little excessive time to wait (my feeling is the latter) ?

Was it uptons ? I M also waiting for mine

And yes I contacted darren directly just today again about that

Comment

What's it say on your SLA? My firm normally works on a 20-day turnaround for accounts and I know a lot of others work to similar targets. September is a busy time though as the popular 31-Dec year ends need to be filed on 30-Sep. That said, if the accountant anticipates a logjam-induced delay then the customer should be advised.

Comment

Working...
      X