• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Brazilian noob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Brazilian noob

Hi
    I need some advice.

I’m Brazilian; I’m working in France for an investment bank.

They proposed me a job as a contractor in London.And the HR team is a little bit slow, to find a solution, for the administration papers.

So I looked on the web, there is 2 kind of visa, Tier 1 and tier 2, I’m not eligible for the Tier 1 due to my actual earnings but I got enough points to ask for a Tier 2 visa.
    So I need a company to “sponsor” my visa.

The bank works with Hudson uk, with all the contracts with contractors. And the HR team told me last week that the bank don’t sponsor contractors for Tier 2.

Someone here got the same experience, or someone can give me their feedback on this?
    What could be the solutions?

Is an 11 month contract, and on the business side, the job is just waiting for me.

thx,
    Vitor

Would your new role be with the Royal Bank of Scotland perchance ?

Comment

Working...
    X