• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors loan of £250,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have applied for a variation and this is when the money went into the business, but as people have still pointed out this is still an asset, he is a multi millionaire and currently paying £9.00 per week maintenance through the csa as when he made the co. ltd he said he is only paying himself £136 per week, he is a skilled electrical engineer with over 30 yrs experience and wouldnt work for £136 per hour never mind per week, it is now going to a tribunal (which takes 6 months!!) and I just wanted to have my facts straight about a few issues which i will need to put into a letter to the tribunal, one of which was the directors loan issue, he is diverting his income to avoid paying maintenance and I will be putting that also into the letter to the tribunal, thanks to all of you for your advise and guidance, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Lifting the corporate veil

Your application for a variance (presumably SM) along with dubious accounting practices would possibly put a judge in mind to order a "lifting of the corporate veil" which - as far as I am aware - would allow you full access to all the books, records and accounts of said business. Give this to an accountant and an accurate picture of his income & assets could be established for your variance request and also for a revised CM figure. The CM would be good for a year before he could request a review from the CSA.

On a more human note, how can he sleep at night short-changing his children like that?

Edit - this may be of interest:

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed32399
      Last edited by Mojito; 29 September 2010, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojito View Post
        On a more human note, how can he sleep at night short-changing his children like that?
        WMS
        That is the crux of the matter, the money is to support his children and he doesn't want to. Waster!
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mojito;1203246]Your application for a variance (presumably SM) along with dubious accounting practices would possibly put a judge in mind to order a "lifting of the corporate veil" which - as far as I am aware - would allow you full access to all the books, records and accounts of said business. Give this to an accountant and an accurate picture of his income & assets could be established for your variance request and also for a revised CM figure. The CM would be good for a year before he could request a review from the CSA.

he is despicable, especially as he pertains he is a catholic! or so he thinks that going to church once a week makes him one.
          Last edited by wallop79; 30 September 2010, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            WMS
            That is the crux of the matter, the money is to support his children and he doesn't want to. Waster!
            I know this is an a contractors forum; but I couldn't agree with you more, he is a waster and my beautiful son and I are better off without him

Comment

Originally posted by wallop79 View Post
              I know this is an a contractors forum; but I couldn't agree with you more, he is a waster and my beautiful son and I are better off without him
              Well good luck.

You seemed to have got the hang of our smileys and quote system incredibly fast. You must be very clever so I have no doubt it will work out. :
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Well good luck.

You seemed to have got the hang of our smileys and quote system incredibly fast. You must be very clever so I have no doubt it will work out. :
                Yeah! Cos CUK is soooooo different from every other forum. No one could possibly get the hang of quotes and smileys within well about 8000 odd posts (and this one was one of your oddest)
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Actually I'd disagree - your son is better off with him in his life regardless of what you may think of him. The financial situation is between you and your ex, not him and his son.

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                    Yeah! Cos CUK is soooooo different from every other forum. No one could possibly get the hang of quotes and smileys within well about 8000 odd posts (and this one was one of your oddest)
                    Good point Drewster.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I know this is an a contractors forum
                      Yes, you are right. This is a contractors forum.

I hope you found the information you were after and good luck with your divorce.
                      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                      X