• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency - can I change from PAYE to Umbrella mid contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency - can I change from PAYE to Umbrella mid contract?

Hi

I'm currently working for an Agency and paid via their PAYE. My contract expires in October but has been extended a no. of times already and could well be extended again in the future.

I need to pay prof subs and prof indemnity insurance. Can I move to an umbrella company mid contract so I can claim these expenses back?

Originally posted by Monty61 View Post
    Hi

I'm currently working for an Agency and paid via their PAYE. My contract expires in October but has been extended a no. of times already and could well be extended again in the future.

I need to pay prof subs and prof indemnity insurance. Can I move to an umbrella company mid contract so I can claim these expenses back?
    As long as your agency and end client are happy for you to amend the contract mid term then this shouldn't be a problem.

However, if you have now been working with the end client for 24 months or more you are no longer entitled to claim expenses so you won't personally be better off.

If you are paying for your own prof indemnity insurance though, a good umbrella company will offer this as part of their package anyway.

Comment

If your PAYE or umbrella you are being employed by them so they should be covering Insurance, as your employer it is their obligation to make sure your insured to do the work the same as any other employer, you should only be paying for insurance yourself if your Limited company, somthing is wrong if their telling you to buy your own insurance

Comment

Working...
      X