• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last permie job - unpaid overtime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No way. Write a very formal, stinky letter, tell your local paper, etc etc.
    And the stinky letter would go straight in the stinky rubbish bin. Seriouly though, would any of the above get you anywhere - I am not sure it would be worth the hassle ?

Comment

I haven't read any of the above but starting with a letter from a solicitor - that's a good start, get your evidence if you can. I do the trick of e-mailing myself and another from home to prove I was on site at those times if it looks iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by h8mmer View Post
        MY old boss is 'uncontactable'
        Go to his boss then and send a copy to HR. If they still refuse, take it to a tribunal.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Ring Acas for their advice, then formally write to your ex boss stating what advice you have been given.

As an ex boss myself, any disgruntled employee mentioning 'tribunal' would get a very quick resolve!

Comment

Working...
          X